Hello from Oklahoma!

CodyDunn

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 9, 2010
Anadarko, Oklahoma
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum, and can't get a picture that will fit for my avatar! Oh well, one of these days I'll figure it out
tongue.png
... Anyway I wanted to introduce myself even though for me it's 5am and waaaaaaay past bedtime. Oh and I guess I should do this:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am twenty-three years old and have been in love with chickens since about the age of twelve I believe. I was with a friend visiting a farm store called Atwoods, and I happened upon troughs of chickens! Before this I'd never even thought of chickens as pets. Although I always secretly thought it'd be appropriate for my grandparents to start raising them again on the farm
wink.png
Well, needless to say ever since that day I've been in love...

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Right now I only have six big fat teenage boys that we plan on butchering. To be honest, I've never butchered one and am not sure I'll be able to. I will try to help my grandma though.

(3) What breeds do you have?
They were extra from a fammily friend, so I'm not sure. Five of them look to be BSLinks and the boss is something else entirely. A hybrid I'm sure, just don't know which one!

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Actually I came across it by looking for information on several chickens and hatcheries through Google.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Oh I love to read, I love to sing, I love to write and hope to get a fictional book based around chickens written and published someday. Most of all I love to be around chickens!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a cat named Catty, highly original I know but I didn't name her! My mom has a little brussels griffon dog named Freda. My entire family raises herds of cattle, I've had other pet birds in the past, including doves, parakeets, finches, etc. We've had many other pets through the years of living in the country: horses, cats, dogs, and chickens. Once we even had a couple pigs but thankfully that didn't last too long(they smell AWFUL) My mom's whole family basically lives on the same country road. It's pretty fun that way
smile.png
Right now I'm not working but I am about to start job hunting. I am going to school to become a doctor, and one perk of all the work I have to do for it is that someday, I'll be able to afford my own ranch with as many chickens as I like! That's a long way off but I don't mind so much, as long as it's on the horizon somewhere. Well, I think that's about it for now.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from Indiana!
frow.gif

We have over 30 chickens right now, we have several different breeds. My favorite breeds are Australorps, and my Orpingtons. My white orpington rooster always stands on my back porch, facking the house and crows! He's silly!

We first found BYC doing research before getting chickens, This is our second year...

Our hobbies are the kids, the chickens, our German Sheperds, canning, baking, collecting Fiestaware and old milk bottles. I also enjoy gardening.

So glad you joined us!

gonzo&hispeeps :

welcome-byc.gif
from Indiana!
frow.gif

We have over 30 chickens right now, we have several different breeds. My favorite breeds are Australorps, and my Orpingtons. My white orpington rooster always stands on my back porch, facking the house and crows! He's silly!

We first found BYC doing research before getting chickens, This is our second year...

Our hobbies are the kids, the chickens, our German Sheperds, canning, baking, collecting Fiestaware and old milk bottles. I also enjoy gardening.

So glad you joined us!

Lol well thanks gonzo! And by the by, gardening is totally awesome!! Yes, both of those types of chickens are amazing to have, they've got some of the sweetest dispositions:) I used to have one hen of each! I miss both as my buff orpington hen was an excellent mother and the australorp hen was such a sweetie that loved to lay me eggs. Both were at the top of the pecking order and actually did help to KEEP order lol.​

Back
Top Bottom