(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes we are new to chickens, we wanted chicken a couple of years ago and ordered a coop from a local store and they never called so we just got busy with work and kids and didn't do more. Then when this pandemic hit we had all the time in the world to build or coop, so we got 6 chicks from the local feed store. They are about 11 1/2 weeks old now.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 6(but already want more)
(3) What breeds do you have? We have 2 barred rock, 2 silver dorkings, 2 black Australorp
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? They are just so much fun to watch and see the different personalities.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? We love to garden, fish and boat, camp, scrapbook and cook.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. So I have one daughter who is 10( one reason why we got chickens, once it was mentioned she wanted). She loves all the girls and wants more too. We have one dog, Zena (red heeler) who already tries to heard the chicks, and one cat, Aspen.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found the site and thought it would be helpful in our new adventure.
Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!