Hello from Ontario!

Aug 14, 2018
Hi everyone! My husband and I recently moved out to a rural area. We've talked about getting chickens for a little while now, but last weekend we went to a local fair and got to meet the Heritage animal society...and now we're convinced that we NEED chickens in our lives!! :D

We're considering the Chantecler to start, and will probably only get two or three (just looking for eggs for ourselves and maybe some leftover for friends/family). We've scoped out what we think is a good spot for a diy coop, and are planning on getting everything ready to welcome our new birdie buddies in a few months!

Google led me to BackYard Chickens though I'd heard of it before through other homesteading groups, and it doesn't disappoint! Looking forward to going through all the info here and tapping into the collective "coop-mind" to trade experience (or, lack of! LOL)!

Hi everyone! My husband and I recently moved out to a rural area. We've talked about getting chickens for a little while now, but last weekend we went to a local fair and got to meet the Heritage animal society...and now we're convinced that we NEED chickens in our lives!! :D

We're considering the Chantecler to start, and will probably only get two or three (just looking for eggs for ourselves and maybe some leftover for friends/family). We've scoped out what we think is a good spot for a diy coop, and are planning on getting everything ready to welcome our new birdie buddies in a few months!

Google led me to BackYard Chickens though I'd heard of it before through other homesteading groups, and it doesn't disappoint! Looking forward to going through all the info here and tapping into the collective "coop-mind" to trade experience (or, lack of! LOL)!
Hey! So glad you joined and decided to get chickens, it's gonna be a blast! I really enjoy what people have to say on here as well! Welcome to BYC! :welcome:jumpy:D

Back
Top Bottom