Hello from Oregon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by horseygranma, Mar 30, 2017.

1. horseygranma

horseygranma Just Hatched

Mar 30, 2017
    junction City Oregon
    Hello I am new to BYC. My name is Shay I am from JC in Oregon. I raise and incubate Silkies and Polish a brand new adventure to me. I have 10 grown Silkies and same number of Polish. We also have three head of cattle 3 pigs and one horse and one mini horse. I am 59 years young and am a crazy chicken lady. I want any and all help available about Silkies and Polish anything anyone wants to share. I have hatched about 100 chicks so far and have had very good luck. I did hatch a black Silkie today with what looks like a bubble on its neck right above it wing any ideas anyone. I named my coops after something my 4 year old grand daughter calls the chicks. It is The Baspeckala Coop I will post a pic of the sign very cute. Thanks and nice to meet you all Shay

2. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    1 person likes this.
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Shay, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! In addition to the links provided already, if you'd like to chat with fellow Oregon poultry folks, find your state thread in the link below and say hello: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Silky Cuddles gave you great links. Is it possible for you to post a photo of the lump on your silkie? Maybe then we could figure out what it is.

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello Shay and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

Best wishes
    CT

6. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Shay, it's nice to have you here!

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Shay [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by