Hello from Oregon

horseygranma

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2017
junction City Oregon
Hello I am new to BYC. My name is Shay I am from JC in Oregon. I raise and incubate Silkies and Polish a brand new adventure to me. I have 10 grown Silkies and same number of Polish. We also have three head of cattle 3 pigs and one horse and one mini horse. I am 59 years young and am a crazy chicken lady. I want any and all help available about Silkies and Polish anything anyone wants to share. I have hatched about 100 chicks so far and have had very good luck. I did hatch a black Silkie today with what looks like a bubble on its neck right above it wing any ideas anyone. I named my coops after something my 4 year old grand daughter calls the chicks. It is The Baspeckala Coop I will post a pic of the sign very cute. Thanks and nice to meet you all Shay

Hello Shay, and welcome to BYC!!
frow.gif

I have a few silkies myself. They're such a great breed
love.gif

Here are a few threads you ought to check out:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/297632/silkie-thread/59800
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/355316/polish-thread/4940

I hope this helps!

Silky Cuddles gave you great links. Is it possible for you to post a photo of the lump on your silkie? Maybe then we could figure out what it is.

Hello Shay and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

Best wishes
CT

G’Day from down under Shay
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom