Welcome to BYC. You will learn a lot on here.Hi -
My name is Laura.
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? - I have always lived in the country. I was able to get some chickens and a coop several weeks ago. These were all a gift from my daughter.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? There are two laying hens and eight chicks.
(3) What breeds do you have? I’m not exactly sure.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? They way they talk to me and each other. The two that lay eat out of my hands each morning.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
My husband and I are rock collectors and we also do lapidary work. We sell rocks and rock equipment as a side business.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I’m married with 2 kids, 2 grandkids and another on the way. We have two small dogs and we live in a rural area near Portland.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I was doing some research on why my hen was squawking this morning and I came across this site. Along with the assistance I received, there were many other interesting and informative articles.