Hello from Oshkosh, WI

Hey Christina - We are working on the same thing in Milwaukee. Check out our sites:

www.creamcityhens.com
www.facebook.com/creamcityhens

We are still working on education / raising awareness as well. Were considering brining the ordinance to city council after the salmonella outbreak d/t increased awareness of the factory farms etc... but now its election time so the city council is more occupied with that.

Do you have a facebook page or website yet?

Cream City Chick - yes we are on Facebook, Twitter and our website is under construction as I type. We have a group page on Facebook, but we also just created a fan page since they show up in search engines and the groups don't.

We have a booth at the Farmer's Market doing basic Poultry education, silly chicken trivia and getting petitions signed. We are sponsoring the documentary Mad City Chickens - two showings free to the public. We have a booth at the 10th Earth Charter event at UWO.

I justed found you on Facebook.

I look forward to sharing information and ideas.

Christina
Oshkosh Backyard Chickens

Cream City Chick

We have great news. The first public reading of the draft chicken ordinance is scheduled for this evening at the 6 pm meeting at City Hall. The second reading and the vote will be the 22nd.

Christina

welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio
frow.gif

I live in Oshkosh myself and you would not believe how hard it is to try and find the correct information on this subject. Is it legal yet? (I REALLY hope so)

Hello, and welcome from another Wisconsinite. I'm in Poynette (1/2 way between Madison and the Dells along the interstate). We have no regulations regarding chickens or other poultry/ rabbits, only livestock like goats, sheep, and on up. I'll try to find you on FB. Are you aware of any chapters here in this part of the state? Looking forward to hearing your sucess!

welcome-byc.gif
You have come to the right place. This site is full of wisdom, many seasoned chicken addicts and lots of newbies too. Plus, many threads dedicated to things not chicken. Enjoy and welcome.

Quote:
hello, generally if the wording is chickens its only chickens, if poultry is chickens,duck,quail......don't know if its passed yet, I do know that they cleaned up the wording so its easier to understand

Back
Top Bottom