Hello from PA!

leeandtina

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 6, 2010
Eastern PA
We joined just the other day but wanted to take a moment to answer the intro questions, say hello and see if anyone else is from our neck of the woods
smile.png
I c&p'd from the main page so I didn't forget anything~

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

We got our first chicks last March and that was my first experience with having chickens...not dh's though...he grew up on a farm so he had a bit of everything
smile.png

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Well we are down to 12 hens and our 1 roo... last fall one of the kids left the German Shorthaired Pointers pen just a tad open and that has been a mistake none have made again
sad.png

(3) What breeds do you have?

7 Rhode Island Reds, 3 White Leghorns, 2 Red Sex Links- all hens. Then in August we added our first roo and he is a New Hampshire.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

From my girlfriend who has chickens, geese and ducks.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Gardening-vegetable and herbs, fishing, ummm does raising a houseful of children count
big_smile.png

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Lets see~ Been married for almost 21 yrs, we have 5 children, I'm a stay at home mom that homeschools, we also have a pet dog. We have undertook hatching just last week for our very first experience at it and currently have 9 French Black Copper Marans in there and 2 of our own NH x RIR's. We are fretting and worrying that none are going to hatch and would love to get one of those automatic ones that do the turning, temp/humidity maintaining etc that someone mentioned on here is on sale for $249. That would be sweet
wee.gif
The kids are joining the local 4H Poultry Club tomorrow and they are excited about it all. Hope this isn't too long but thanks for reading:frow

welcome-byc.gif
from MN! Not exactly in your neck of the woods but I was born and raised in WV if that counts
wink.png
! There is a lot of information on this site and it seems you can never stop learning and that a lot of people have different opinions on the proper humidity/temperature for incubation.

Good luck on you first hatch! I have also only had chickens since last April/May. Have Fun!

Back
Top Bottom