Hello from Pennsylvania!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by fangedknight, Feb 28, 2017.

1. fangedknight

fangedknight Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey all! Newbie here!

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi, my boyfriend and I are working on our first chicken coop! I'm planning on getting Silver Laced Wyandottes (not sure if I want to get some goldens as well)

I'm happy to be here! So thanks for having me!

2. KikisGirls

KikisGirls I'll be back after the new year. Premium Member Project Manager

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

Have you actually started the coop yet?
    There are great coop "ideas" on this site.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi newbie, I am an oldie. Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. Maybe you could get some of each, and decide later which you like most.

4. fangedknight

Thanks guys!

Kiki, we actually started by dismantling an old coop that I found on Facebook for free. It's not much but it's a start. We're planning on salvaging what we can of it and then building it up from there. My boyfriend's drawing out ideas and figuring out the math right now but we want to make it so we can have about 20 chickens comfortably

Diva, I was thinking about that actually, I know I can get both easily I'm just wondering about the possible genetics if some of them cross and what I might end up with

5. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I say get both also, I'm all for mixed flocks. And if they cross-breed, they'll still be Wyandottes just maybe some interesting colored ones.

It's nice to have you here, good luck with all your plans!

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, fangedknight, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Count me in as one in favor of mixed flocks as well!! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!

7. fangedknight

Thanks a bunch guys! I'm happy to be here! The more I hear about mixed flocks the more I'm thinking about it. I'll figure this out eventually, at least I know what kind of birds I want! lol

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! Please make yourself at home here and enjoy yourself! :frow

~Cuz

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under fangedknight [​IMG] Welcome!

Best wishes to you and your new feathered family when they arrive.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by