Hello from Pennsylvania

Janrhy

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
PA
Hello to all.... I am a newbie to this site, and also a newbie to having chickens. My daughters 4th birthday this past October she wanted a pet. We decided on getting 25 chickens (2 of them roosters). We ordered them as peeps at 2-3 days old and had a great run with them ever since. There was a period of time where we lost a few, not realizing they needed grit to stay alive, oop's. BUT, we currently have 16, one of them is a rooster and they are RIR's. We have greatly enjoyed having these chickens as pets, and are soon awaiting our first egg being laid. I am so excited! The rooster is crowing, and sounds so funny, I hope he still has some practicing until he gets better. I found this site by googling questions I have had about the chickens thus far, and have found great information, THANK YOU BACKYARD CHICKENS!!! I was excited to finally register.

A little about me, I am 33 years old (today) with a husband of almost 7 years and a 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son. We live in PA in the mountains and love being secluded to raise our little family and our slowly growing farm. I do still have some questions about the chickens, but I will save them for the right forums, so you will be seeing more of me in the weeks and years to come. Thanks so much for all the warm welcomes!

Janna

where in Pa are you?
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom