Hello From Pennsylvania

Hello Jim, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Are you keeping a small flock in a more suburban setting now?
Dobielover- perfect question!! Yes, a development in suburban America. Took me some to get and validate approval, and currently in the construction phase of the coop. I am putting in a 5 x 6 coop with probably a 6 ft run. (total area 5 x 12) which should give me 30 sq ft coop and 60 sq ft run. I am planning for 4 big birds, Australorp preferably. Overkill on coop size?
Also, after talking to a woman who has the Australorp, I switched from Orpingtons to them. She says they are a little easier to care for, something about poop and butt feathers.

Dobielover- perfect question!! Yes, a development in suburban America. Took me some to get and validate approval, and currently in the construction phase of the coop. I am putting in a 5 x 6 coop with probably a 6 ft run. (total area 5 x 12) which should give me 30 sq ft coop and 60 sq ft run. I am planning for 4 big birds, Australorp preferably. Overkill on coop size?
Also, after talking to a woman who has the Australorp, I switched from Orpingtons to them. She says they are a little easier to care for, something about poop and butt feathers.
Not overkill at all. The more space the better. More space keeps them healthy and happy.

Back
Top Bottom