Hello from Phoenix, my new habbit members!

welcome-byc.gif
from Hawaii

If you are posting from Phoenix, I suggest you be somewhat vague about your location. Secrecy is the key to subrosa chicken success.

Rufus

Quote:
hide.gif

Is there something you know that I dont?

Just don't post your exact location. Rufus looks out for us.

WELCOME!

Ah Thanks LareePQG. And Thanks Rufus I know better than that.
I was worried for a second there, That maybe I missed a by law or something. So far I'm in complete compliance, even getting my neighbors to sign permission over the 80' thing. I even got brave and sent a letter to Vice Mayor Williams after reading about phoenix being open to new suggestions for the chicken laws in the Phoenix Permaculture Alliance.
Hubby didn't think we needed to get permission and file it with the city, but I wanted to be safe rather than sorry. I know lots of people in our neighborhood have chicks "on the sly" and good for them, but now at least I'm safe from vindictive people or petty squabbles.

As for the law changes, I do believe that they need to lower the 80' requirement to perhaps 25', or do away with it all together. I would even support a smaller yard allowance for a flock if they did away with the requirements. We just don't have as many bigger yards around phoenix like they used to. I blame the housing boom of 2000+ lol.

Back
Top Bottom