Hello from Portland!

Quote:
Of course it is dangerous! I was born and raised in Portland and am moving back this summer.....

lol.png

WELCOME!!!!

Last edited:
Hey PDX, Welcome. Where are you? We're close to Portland, West side. How many chickens do you have? What kinds?

You are so right, this place is dangerous and should come with a warning... very addicting!!!

I've set up several avatars now and I find that only certain photos work. My own photos seem to work best because I am able to control the resolution. They just have to be small files in the end. Go to your profile, located in the blue bar across the top of every page and under personality click on the avatar link and upload your small image, once the pic shows up, click the "use avatar" box. The trick seems to be getting the image a small enough file size.

Have fun!

Cindy

Quote:
Well, I grew up in NE Portland and then I went to college and came back. Now I live out southwest of P-town.

Well...I think I'm allowed to have three chickens but I have more than that.
smile.png
I have two brahmas, two faverolles, two sultans and two easter eggers. I hatched from eggs off eBay this summer. I had to sell the roosters and I've just kept the pullets. I need to thin my flock even more, but I'm sooo attached to them!

Quote:
We're close neighbors, we live near Multnomah village in Burlingame. So am I counting correctly, you have 8? I'll never tell. We have 4, but we're giving one away tomorrow (she isn't getting along with the others). We'll have 3 for a little while until we get more in the spring.

You're fine as long as your neighbors are okay with your chickens, ours seem to be. We have several friends in P-town with many more than the limit. We also had 2 roosters, but gave them to our friends with farms.

Quote:
Oregon! I want a picture on my post--how do I do that?

Make sure you have an Avatar that you want loaded onto your computer. Then go the BYC Tool bar at the top of the page and click on profile. Under profile you will see various headings. Click on Personality, check the box marked Avatar and follow the directions.

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom