hello from Poulsbo, WA

saintcarrell

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
Hi!
I live on the Kitsap Penninsula in Poulsbo, Wa. on a couple acres. We have had chickens for 3 years, got our first 5 from my son's kindergarten class, who incubated and hatched them, think they're Leghorns (small, white with red combs), a rooster and 4 hens. We just got 8 chicks from the feed store a few weeks ago: 2 Americanas, 2 Black Sexlinks, 2 Buff Orpingtons, and 2 Rhode Island Reds. We just introduced them to each other, and no one's gotten hurt yet! In fact, the Leghorns are afraid of these fiesty little gals. Anyway, I'm glad to find this site thanks to Google, and want to keep learning about raising chickens, since it's been an ongoing experiment for us! They are so fun. I'm looking forward to "meeting" you!
Kristin

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined. You've come to the right place.
thumbsup.gif

Hello!
frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from South Carolina! This is a great place to meet people and learn about keeping chickens. I started with 5 and in less than a year I have 21, and we just had 8 chicks hatch this week! I LOVE chicken math! I have been having so much fun I even started a chicken blog!
Everyone here LOVES pictures, and remember there are no dumb questions! I look forward to hearing more about your flock as it grows!

Back
Top Bottom