Hello from Rainier Washington

genniii

Hatching
10 Years
Feb 20, 2009
Rainier Washington
I am at the moment chickenless

But I believe fortune favors a prepared mind and I have been feeding myself the dream of having my own fresh eggs as well as being able to watch chickens in my yard.

From the time I was born in the 1940s through my 20s off and on my father raised chickens and had a route to sell off extra eggs when they happened. My dad knew a few store owners in our town ... Bennys, Woolworths and a grocery store that back then would have baby chicks for sale at Easter. Dad would meet them at the store mid day Easter and buy all the left over chicks for a dollar.
Of course we always got too many roosters but we ate well.
So anyway I dont have any chickens right now nor a place nor room for a place for them

However I have been planning and found this site while researching breeds and wondering what tack I will desire to approach this from. I have spent so much time wandering in this site that I decided to join
I am in a position of waiting for a house to sell and wanting a house in this area I live now.
I am a very handy person and I am sure I will build my own coop.
Last summer I built a few gardens for people and I plan on building some for myself and as they say use the chickens for tractor.

My goal is to set my self up on a piece of land where I can integrate everything into a whole.
As a beginning all I want is a home, some gardens, a yard to plant all the stuff I have in containers growing, some chickens, a puppy and me
and go from there

welcome-byc.gif
welcome Washingtonian !
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom