Hello from Rooster Russel Crowe

Russel Crowe

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 20, 2013
Loving my chicks! Looking for suggestions of best feed for two month old Pullets- and me, Russel Crowe. Quite the rooster I am")

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!
LL

Hello, :frow and Welcome to BYC! At two months old most people feed them a Starter/Grower food, or an All-Ages/ Flock Raiser type food (usually around 18% protein). Really most chicken feeds, except for Layer with the extra calcium that you don't want chicks to have, are very similar with just the protein percentage a little different. If you plan on getting more chicks the all ages type food maybe easier since you can just continue that when the older ones start too lay and just offer oyster shell on the side.

Loving my chicks! Looking for suggestions of best feed for two month old Pullets- and me, Russel Crowe. Quite the rooster I am")

Hello, :frow and Welcome to BYC! At two months old most people feed them a Starter/Grower food, or an All-Ages/ Flock Raiser type food (usually around 18% protein). Really most chicken feeds, except for Layer with the extra calcium that you don't want chicks to have, are very similar with just the protein percentage a little different. If you plan on getting more chicks the all ages type food maybe easier since you can just continue that when the older ones start too lay and just offer oyster shell on the side.

Back
Top Bottom