Hello from RVA

eggcelent_vibe

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2024
I figured I'd go ahead and answer these

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

So when I was about ten I started working on a chicken farm and horse corral and did that for several years. That was back in california and I've long since moved to Richmond VA. So I'm basically new but have some experience.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I don't have my flock yet! Part of why I'm joining is to meet some people in the RVA area to talk breeders or find anyone willing to sell me some young hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Don't have any but I adore EEs and thats what I'm looking for.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love spending time with animals and providing them care is very rewarding for me.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I play video games, board games, do digital art, and spend a lot of time training my dog. I also like horror movies.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I recently married my lovely wife and we live in a large house we own with a few friends. I'm a stay at home dog dad and my wife also works from home. We spend a lot of our time right now thrifting, doing home improvement, and as before mentioned training/spending time with our dog. She's a two year old husky and before anyone worries she's never going to be alone with a single chicken. The girls are gonna be kept in a moveable run anyway, but I'm not even letting her in the back with them while they're in there. She's a great dog but she's still a dog!

I figured I'd go ahead and answer these

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

So when I was about ten I started working on a chicken farm and horse corral and did that for several years. That was back in california and I've long since moved to Richmond VA. So I'm basically new but have some experience.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I don't have my flock yet! Part of why I'm joining is to meet some people in the RVA area to talk breeders or find anyone willing to sell me some young hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Don't have any but I adore EEs and thats what I'm looking for.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love spending time with animals and providing them care is very rewarding for me.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I play video games, board games, do digital art, and spend a lot of time training my dog. I also like horror movies.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I recently married my lovely wife and we live in a large house we own with a few friends. I'm a stay at home dog dad and my wife also works from home. We spend a lot of our time right now thrifting, doing home improvement, and as before mentioned training/spending time with our dog. She's a two year old husky and before anyone worries she's never going to be alone with a single chicken. The girls are gonna be kept in a moveable run anyway, but I'm not even letting her in the back with them while they're in there. She's a great dog but she's still a dog!
Hello! I have 2 daughters in RVA, nice to meet you! :frow :welcome :welcome :welcome

Back
Top Bottom