Hello from SA

Hello all:jumpy
Tass here from South Africa !!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I currently have quail, I've got them for about 4ish months now.
As for chickens, we had a bunch when I was younger, my dad was in charge of looking after them I was just around to play with them.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 11 quail

(3) What breeds do you have?
Coturnix quail

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I enjoy caring for them and watching them interact with the world around them. They eat up all the garden pests and do little damage to my established plants and as a bonus I get some lil speckled eggs :celebrate

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I enjoy crafts and journaling, I am very much addicted to purchasing all sorts of stationary from pens to sticky notes. I love making fancy foods using items from my vegetable garden.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a beautiful blue Indian ringneck named Bowie who just had his 9th birthday, he has been part of my family since he was about 6ish weeks . We've been on loads of adventures together, including a beach holiday.
To fund my obsessions I teach. I teach high schoolers Math and Accounting.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I've been referencing the site for a good while now and figured I might as well join since BYC has been a real help on my quail keeping journey.
Welcome. I too raised Coturnix quail for several years but am now in the larger egg game with Buff Orpingtons. This is a good forum. Have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom