Hello from San Diego (University Heights)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mattfulleroc, Sep 12, 2010.

1. mattfulleroc

mattfulleroc Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2010
    Hello,

I recently moved to San Diego. I grew up raising chickens and continued to have a few around until I moved to California. I Live in the city and although I have a house (facing Arizona), a backyard, and a privacy fence there is a small apartment building which faces another street (Adams) but for some reason the showers anda few larger windows of this two story building peer down into my back yard. I would love to have a chicken or two simply for the joy of having their company. I am reluctant, however, as I am aware of the lively debate which seems to continue with the city council.

I did bring three English Angora Rabbits. Due to the nature of the breed their long coats necessitate a climate controled area or building as well as daily grooming to prevent matting or "felting" of the wool. To accomplish this I groom each one daily with a blower for about 5 minutes..two days without grooming would result in a 45 minute session...So far I have had no compaints but am very conscious of the time of day I groom.

If anyone has any suggestions I would certainly appreciate hearing from you. If anyone in the SD area has chickens available please let me know...thanks!

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    [​IMG] From Western Washington State.

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. I learned something new about rabbits today, so glad you joined. [​IMG]

4. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
  5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! glad you joined us! [​IMG]

6. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI