1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello From Sanger, CA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by UncleTommy, Jul 21, 2011.

1. UncleTommy

UncleTommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2011
    Sanger, CA
    Hi,
    I'm Tom and i want to have chickens. I live in Sanger, CA in Fresno County, rich rich ag land here however, chickens are not allowed in cit.y limits, turns out the people in Fresno are having the same problem. I'm just a little to ....chicken to risk it, so I will be living vicariously through my sister who lives in a county island(hope they don't incorporate her anytime soon, they want to for the city tax base).
    Anyway, I've started collecting items for a coop, another sister had some pine planks from a remodel and i got home today and the thrift store across the alley from me had tons of building materials outside next to the trash. Got quite a few 2x4 of all lengths, some thin ply wood and even a few solid wood planks, it was a definite score.
    I talk to much, but i think i'm a little to excited (i should mention i stayed up all night 2 nights ago with visions of chicken coops dancing in my head). I'm going to be looking into Rhode Island Reds at first, but i want to eventually add some Marans, but i should count my chicks before they're hatched (see, i totally belong here my chicken puns are AA).

Anywho, if the intro was too long to read, sorry and a hardy hello from me, you can call me Tom, Tommy, Uncle Tommy or even hey you.

2. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    Hello Tommy Welcome

3. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, try to get your codes changed. Hello, from the Big Bear mountains of Ca. Glad you found us. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. UncleTommy

UncleTommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2011
    Sanger, CA
    Quote:Big Bear, like past Shaver Lake? Its pretty up there, nearly died driving there, downshifting is not something you should learn about after you need it.

5. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga. good luck [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude