Hello from SE Ohio

CarlaH0318

In the Brooder
May 23, 2017
Racine, Ohio
Hello, my name is Carla. I live in a rural village in Racine, Ohio. I live approximately 50' from the big Ohio River. Yes, I have been flooded out several times. I survived my first winter with my first flock. I have already survived a flood with my flock that I have had to relocate twice, the second relocation I just let them range. There was water all around my house but I had places for them to roost under my house (in my garage). They did well with my 2 goats and beagle, Junior.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I think I just answered this. I purchased a mixture of Aracuanas and Americauanas. Yes, I know I can't spell, lol. I did get them from TSC and Rural King. I, also, bought splash wyandottes from a local breeder.

My new flock was just purchased this past February from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio. That was my first experience with mail-ordered chicks. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 13 chickens in my older flock. My new "biddie" flock has 17 in the flock.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have Aracuanas, Americaunas, splash Wyandottes; old flock. The new flock contains Buckeyes, Speckled Sussex, Westmoreland, and Olive Easter Eggers.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

A chicken magazine and google search

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Right now, I am finishing my MBA so my hobbies are non-existence at the moment. I like to read historical fiction, cross-stitching, playing the piano. I have a great friend who is teaching to quilt.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am a medical coder that I work from home. I live with my disabled mother and disabled daughter. Among us, we have several cats, 6 dogs, 2 goats, 2 guinea pigs. My divorce was recently finaled, YEAH, I get to my house and property. I recently renovated my building so that my goats and older chickens could co-habit. So far, it is working out.

Hello, my name is Carla. I live in a rural village in Racine, Ohio. I live approximately 50' from the big Ohio River. Yes, I have been flooded out several times. I survived my first winter with my first flock. I have already survived a flood with my flock that I have had to relocate twice, the second relocation I just let them range. There was water all around my house but I had places for them to roost under my house (in my garage). They did well with my 2 goats and beagle, Junior.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I think I just answered this. I purchased a mixture of Aracuanas and Americauanas. Yes, I know I can't spell, lol. I did get them from TSC and Rural King. I, also, bought splash wyandottes from a local breeder.

My new flock was just purchased this past February from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio. That was my first experience with mail-ordered chicks. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 13 chickens in my older flock. My new "biddie" flock has 17 in the flock.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have Aracuanas, Americaunas, splash Wyandottes; old flock. The new flock contains Buckeyes, Speckled Sussex, Westmoreland, and Olive Easter Eggers.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

A chicken magazine and google search

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Right now, I am finishing my MBA so my hobbies are non-existence at the moment. I like to read historical fiction, cross-stitching, playing the piano. I have a great friend who is teaching to quilt.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am a medical coder that I work from home. I live with my disabled mother and disabled daughter. Among us, we have several cats, 6 dogs, 2 goats, 2 guinea pigs. My divorce was recently finaled, YEAH, I get to my house and property. I recently renovated my building so that my goats and older chickens could co-habit. So far, it is working out.
:thumbsup :welcome

Back
Top Bottom