Hello from SF Bay!

pond

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 18, 2013
Hi everyone,

We live in the SF Bay Area and have had chickens for over 3 years now. We started with almost known breeds, but by now they crossed so much I have no idea what we have (other than one Light Brahma hen). We have about 15 chickens and 4 one week old chicks at the moment. Well, actually we may have more, I would need to count them... ;-)

Our whole backyard belongs to them and the ducks. We find ducks even more adorable than the chickens (sorry, chicken lovers!). They are just too smart for their own good... We have 9 ducks at the moment. Again, I do not know the breeds other than 2 Rowans (male and female). Three of our ducks hang out in the front of the house and one of them is crested (2 more in the back are also crested). People visiting the house always comment on the "hat" our our first duck, Dodo. Some call him Elvis because of the black, thick crest... We have no TV cause the birds (and sometimes visitors) provide endless entertainment and are much healthier to watch than TV anyway!

It's great to finally join this wonderful forum with a wealth of information (been getting answers from this forum to many questions through google searches already ;-)

Cheers
Lidia

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! I agree, chicken TV is the best.

Back
Top Bottom