Hello from Shelton, CT

jkmiller826

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 5, 2009
Shelton, CT
New member here. My wife and I are looking to start with a small brood next spring (4 hens). I'll be attempting to convert a big open storage area under my deck into a coop this summer/fall so we're ready to go when the spring chicks hatch.

As of right now I hardly know where to begin!

Hello!
welcome-byc.gif
from S. Florida. Glad to have you here. You'll learn all you need to know on this forum!
jumpy.gif

Hi. I used to live in Naugatuck, but now I am in the wilds of PA.

Born and raised in Bridgeport.

Welcome to the site!! Have fun. Chickens are addictive.

a little about us...

We live in a simple house on a small piece of land up on a hill (a ridge?), about .22 acres with a decent sized back yard. I put in a fenced-in garden with 8 raised beds and I'd love to add to our homestead with some laying hens.

We have a daughter who is nearly 2 and I think she's going to love her new pets. We are both educators (me science, my wife music). We recently joined a CSA in Shelton, CT at Stone Gardens Farm.

We like to support local produce, self-sufficiency and the downfall of dead-end, oil-based, plastic consumer culture. Lately, we've been inspired by Michael Pollan, Mark Bittman and James Howard Kunstler.

Thanks for being so welcoming!!

welcome-byc.gif
from UT! I admit, The Long Emergency was great book, what a wake-up! Wish the library would carry his newer one. I keep meaning to read Michael Pollan's books, guess my book list is too long.

Well it's to bad you didn't join yesterday they were giving away 10 free chicks to new members. Sorry you missed it.
welcome-byc.gif

Ok not really, besides if your luck is like mine they'd all be roosters.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom