Hello from small town TX

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bt03, Mar 3, 2011.

1. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    Hello BYC community! I've been using this sight for almost a year now to help me with some chicks that were unexpectedly given to my daughter. [​IMG] As much as i didn't want them i certainly didn't want them to die on my watch. I'm proud to say all 3 have made it to (almost) their first birthday with the help of the wonderful people on this site!! Because of those first 3 mix breeds we now have 9 mix breed banty chickens, and 13 olive and easter egger chicks [​IMG] All have been an amazing addition to our family... One amazing husband that lets me get not so typical pets (hopefully ducks and geese soon) one funny daughter that loves to see and feed the babies but is terrified of roosters, a silly poodle mix that thinks the chicks are her babies to nurse (which she is confused as to why they never do) [​IMG] and a cat that is lazy enough to let any of them play on top of him and not bat an eyelash.

2. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] from Georgia

3. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Hi and [​IMG] !!

4. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    [​IMG]

5. Cat Water

Cat Water That Person

Jul 4, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine
    Welcome! [​IMG] i'm glad they made it and we could help you! Do you know what breeds they are mixed with?

6. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    I'm not sure what they are crossed with. Someone told me my hens may be a plymouth rock cross and my rooster may be a leghorn.The banties may be a dutch silver cross not to sure. I will find some good pictures and post them so that I can get some help identifying what I have [​IMG]

7. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio [​IMG] Glad you joined, EEs are my present favorite. [​IMG]

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! I started with chickens over the summer and the people of BYC have been great. Please visit my BYC Page for my blog links that you may find informative or amusing.

10. Cacciatore

Cacciatore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    San Pablo, CA
    Welcome from Northern California. [​IMG] Sounds like you have a fun group of animals.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by