Hello from South East Alabama!! Roll Tide!!

JetCat

Songster
Oct 26, 2015
Southeast Alabama
Hi there, I'm a full time single dad who grew up on a farm raising every kind of animal imaginable from chickens to emu, goats to cattle and last spring i got my daughter (she just turned 13) some chicks, well a few turned into 10 and now she has 14 baby bantams and another incubator full due in 2 weeks. i let her read on here mostly without posting but she wanted to ask a few questions so i made an account today for the both of us to use.

welcome-byc.gif

Here's a little something you & your daughter might enjoy...

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Yes, chickens sure are addicting. You can't have a few. It's called Chicken Math....2+6=16 chickens.
lol.png

Great to have you and your daughter aboard. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

And welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. Our children and granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loved our chickens and made lap pets of the calmer and more gentle breeds. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom