mrsklucknecht

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2021
Hey there! I just joined BYC! This is my first year with chickens. Bought 24 brown layer chicks this spring and they’re about 9 weeks old now. We resurrected an old coop that was custom built 50+ years ago for my husbands late uncle. My two kiddos (2,4) are loving the adventure of chickens far! And I am too!
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
New into chickens! Got them in April 2021!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 24

(3) What breeds do you have?
All brown layers. Would love to have some heritage breeds one day too!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
it’s a new experience and i love getting to teach my kids about stewarding and caring for an animal that will eventual provide us with eggs and we can have pride in that success!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
ranching (though that’s our lifestyle and we enjoy it!), gardening, fitness, hiking, camping, snowboarding, riding horses, any outdoor adventure! I love learning about all things sustainable living and being self sufficient as well!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband and I ranch in southern Alberta alongside his parents. We have a boy and a girl aged 4 and 2, I’m a SAHM but help out with ranch duties as much as I can, we are jumping into homeschool this fall as my kiddo enters kindergarten. We love what we do and love where we live! Building a life on a ranch for my kids is such a huge blessing!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I was searching for some information on nesting boxes and this forum was the first that came up and well,

Back
Top Bottom