Hello from Stephanie

Eviebella

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 21, 2014
South Carolina
Hi! I'm Stephanie Martell, and I've been a member here for a few weeks, but I'm a total chicken newbie. I have been keeping chickens for about 6 weeks. I've recently attended my state NPIP workshops to get a jump start on figuring out what I'm doing.

I have Easter Eggers and a few each of salmon faverolles, Russian orloffs, hamburgs, appenzeller spitzhaubens and an "assortment" of unidentified babies.

I'm a newspaper photographer. In my free time I'm also a leader for my first grade daughter's Girl Scout troop.

My husband and daughter are starting to get into chicken keeping with me. The matriarch of our house is Mishka, our 11 year old tuxedo cat. We also have Roobie, a pekingese, and two stray barn cats who recently adopted us, Shaggy and Sgt. Pepper.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Hi :welcome Glad you joined the flock. The above link is very usefull for finding out what your unidentified babies could be. I'm sure if you post some pics someone will be able to help you. Sounds like you have some lovely birds in your flock. Be sure to ask lots of questions everyone very friendly here :frow

frow.gif
Stephanie welcome to the flock. Glad you joined Backyard Chickens. Your daughter seems to be a "chick" magnet.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Great to have you aboard and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with your birds!

Welcome to BYC, Stephanie. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a nice mixed flock of unusual breeds. I've raised chickens for 50 years and have not ever had some of those breeds. We just recently lost the oldest of our three cats. She was also a Tuxedo (15 years old) and was one of the family. We were saddened by her loss. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom