Hello from Suffolk, England

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Eddie K, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Eddie K

Eddie K Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2011
    What the title said! Registered here due to an unfortunate pecking problem. Created a thread a few days ago and have already been the grateful recipient of advice from a couple of your members.

We got Chickens simply to get us out in the back garden a bit more and for the eggs but we totally fell for the charm of the birds so care for them as one would any beloved pet. We're both far too soft to consider them as meat birds or anything like that.

We only have the two, mainly because neither of us have owned pets before and we didn't want to bite off more than we could chew.

These are our two girls, Sophie (LS) and Beans (RIR), although they've both grown somewhat since then. The one eyeballing you at the front there is Beans, the future troublemaker.

Anyway, nice to be on here, and thanks to whoever got this place up and running and moderates it etc, and of course to the fantastic community of members who impart so much practical advice on such a regular basis. These fora were a fantastic resource for us when we first started up, and are so more than ever currently!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC. I dont think I'd wanna mess with Beans! [​IMG]

3. Eddie K

Eddie K Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2011
    Sophie had a resigned look on her face all that time ago. It's like she knew what was coming!

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

5. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Welcome to BYC! Hope you continue to enjoy it here [​IMG] Love the mugshot there, too. I get the feeling that Beans is thinking of pulling something mischievous.

6. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us!
    I started with only 6 chicken, well lets just say I've lost count!

7. hockmangirl

hockmangirl Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Hi there and Welcome! [​IMG] Me and mine are from Oregon, You were correct to come here for the advice. I did so myself, and there are some amazing folks with lots of help and answers available. Plus, the fun community of fellow chicken adorers to share the love of chickens, stories, pics, etc. with. [​IMG]

Glad to meet you and your girls! You can totally tell their personalities by that above pic. No explanation needed. Ha ha ha! [​IMG]

8. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    [​IMG] from Twentynine Palms in the California high desert!

Warning: BYC can become seriously addicting!! [​IMG]

9. stephanimal

stephanimal Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

howdy

10. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BackYardChickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by