Hello from Summerland BC Canada!

Canadianislupus

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 11, 2014
B.C. Canada
Hello everyone
smile.png
My name is Tricia and i live on a natural habitat orchard with my boyfriend Hazel and a crazy menagerie of animals. I've been a lurker here for a while and decided that since my chicken adventures have started early, I should become an active member. Originally we weren't going to get any chickens until next spring, but there was a surprise situation when two of Hazel's mothers chick order turned out to be roosters. I fell in love with the classic red colour and sweet temperament of the largest one, now called Chester, and we decided to keep them when the offer was made. We where lucky enough to be allowed to take four ladies with the roosters and now are the proud owners of our own little flock. A month or so ago we saw an ad for mixed breed chicks from a local farm and decided that since we had everything set up already there was no point waiting until next year to start increasing our flock closer to the desired size. So now as well as the original 6 which are about 5 months old, we have 24 unsexed mixed breed chicks that are 11 days old. whew that was a rant haha. I will be posting lots of fluffy chick pics soon as well as I'm very suspicious the chickens we acquired from Hazel's mom are not the breed the where supposed to be.

TRICIA, I have a funny feeling that most of the new babies will turn out to be roosters. But, if that's okay with you, it shouldn't matter. Welcome to BYC

Thanks, we're hoping for at least half roosters actually. For the most part they will be eaten when they are big enough, a lucky few might be kept and all the hens will be kept, but they will all be loved like pets until that day. Judging by leg thicknesses(which i know isn't the best indicator) there are a decent number of females. Either way they are all cute haha

Welcome to BYC, Tricia. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. I'll be looking forward to your pics. Good luck with your flock.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like you are thoroughly addicted to chickens!

Enjoy all your adventures and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom