Hello from SW Georgia...New Owners

JoyMarino

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2021
Hello everyone!
My name is Joy and my significant other, Gary, and I are raising chickens this year. We have been affectionately called "damn yankees" by the friends we've made here in southwest Georgia (moved down from NJ in Jan 2020) and we are learning so much on this new chapter in our lives.

We started keeping honeybees last year and also started keeping worms, gardening on the property and of course much work around the home. I work at a local farm chain store and have been learning about chickens from my co-workers. We decided to try it out and have started with meat birds, getting a feel for life with chickens.

Answers to the general questions...
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, got week old CX from work.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
Cornish cross Broilers

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Right now...we are learning daily

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Beekeeping, worm farming, diy/macguyvering, gardening, hunting...and just about anything outdoors

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Stated most above...but we also have 2 indoor cats, 2 dogs, I have 6 children and Gary has 2. He works for power company and I work at nearby farm retail store.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have googled tons of infor.ation and have kept finding myself reading threads from BYC so decided to become a member

20210228_180758.gif

Welcome to BYC! There's so much to learn here!

Back
Top Bottom