Hello from Tampa, Fl

magicsaddlebred

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 12, 2011
Hi! I just recently got into showing chickens and I am hoping this site will prove useful=] I have WAYYYY too many chickens for a college student, but I manage lol. I'm pretty sure they eat better than I do=/ I got into this 'business" because someone dropped a box on the road by the side of our barn. Upon going to investigate, I found 3 juvenile chickens who were dehydrated and underfed. There starts my chicken infatuation lol. My aunt and I took them in and I claimed one of the roosters as my own. I still haven't figured out what breed he is, but I love him. After he grew, I got more and more and more. Now I have 8 roosters and 14 hens set to go to the Florida State Fair in February! The breeds include: Americaunas, Old English, Polish bantams, Silkies, Sebrights, and a couple of ones that I haven't figured out yet! So glad to be here and I hope y'all can help me figure out my breed mysteries lmao=]

Welcome to BYC! I am a very old (retired) newbie to this who has enjoyed and learned so much in such a short time.

I hope you find the site as useful as I have.

IDs are easier if you post photos of the mystery fowl.

Love, Linn B (aka Smart Red) Gardening zone 5a - 4b in south-est, central-est Wisconsin

welcome-byc.gif
from NJ! When you can posts pics everyone here will be able to help you identify any mystery birds you have
wink.png

welcome................I live in sarasota and have just chicks as pets.................good luck showing them.........I cant have roosters here.............wish i could.........

I am out in Odessa, so we can do pretty much whatever we want. (The kind of area where you might hear banjos lmao) But most of my roosters are pretty quiet actually, which is surprising. Except the sebrights-_- They are horrible!

Back
Top Bottom