Hello from Tennessee

Aug 18, 2019
Hello, I’m new to this forum. I started with chickens after moving to Tennessee when my husband came home with them (without informing me). Now I have 31 chickens and I love it. Them come to me when I call them and sit in my lap to take a nap. Needless to say, I spoil them.
I have Ameraucanas, Rhode Island reds, Buff Orpingtons, Silver Laced Wyandotte’s, Welsummers, Penedesencas, and one Silver Laced Polish (which I just found out is a rooster ).

Hello and welcome! We're in Tennessee too, the south east part of the state. I'm pretty new to chickens also. Got my first chicks in May though I had been wanting some for ages, and a place that allowed chickens was one of the critera I was looking for when we moved quite a few years ago. I was waiting for life to calm down before I started a flock but finally realized life may never slow down, so I took the plunge. So glad I did. They are so much fun. We have some of the same breeds you do. I love how they run to their gate when we come out to visit. Best of luck with your flock. Looking forward to hearing more about them.

Hello and welcome! We're in Tennessee too, the south east part of the state. I'm pretty new to chickens also. Got my first chicks in May though I had been wanting some for ages, and a place that allowed chickens was one of the critera I was looking for when we moved quite a few years ago. I was waiting for life to calm down before I started a flock but finally realized life may never slow down, so I took the plunge. So glad I did. They are so much fun. We have some of the same breeds you do. I love how they run to their gate when we come out to visit. Best of luck with your flock. Looking forward to hearing more about them.

We had just moved to Tennessee and had only been here 3 weeks when my husband came home from the store with chickens. We had never talked of having chickens. Now I love it. We had other breeds and had to start culling due to one or two of the chickens eating the feet of other chickens. We spent three months bandaging chicken feet until we finally got rid of the nasty chickens doing the damage. We went from a flock of 33 to 14. I need to say, we sold 8 of those chickens. But apparently not the ones with a fetish for feet. Now we’re back up to 31. 4 of those are roosters. Blue Red Laced Wyandotte, Ameraucana, Buff Orpington, and Silver Laced Polish.

Back
Top Bottom