Hello from Tennessee

ArabianLights

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I first got chickens when I was 8 or 9 years old and continued to keep chickens through my teens. Now, as a young mother of 3 boys, I am just getting back into chickens and for the first time I am raising day old chicks.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

4 laying hens (Blue Andelusian, Speckled Sussex and 2 Easter Eggers) and 31 day old chicks. We're planning to market some eggs through my parent's next door organic farm.

(3) What breeds do you have?

As many kinds as possible! Growing up in Africa and Arabia we always had mutt chickens, so each was different from all the others. I loved that because I could name them and tell them apart. I also like the idea of having a variety of colors in our egg basket. So, among our chicks we have: Black Austalorp, Blue Andalusian, Golden Campine, White Leghorn, Exchequer Leghorn, Light Brown Leghorn, Wellsummer, Easter Egger, Speckled Sussex, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Dominique, Delaware, Salmon Faverolles and Silver Cukoo Marans.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Googling questions on raising day old chicks.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Quilting, Mountain Biking, Gardening, Travel, Philosophy, Homeschooling, Hiking and Camping

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have a wonderful husband of almost 8 years who works very hard to make sure I can be a homeschooling mom to our 3 boys (ages 6, 2 and 4 mo.). Our goal is to turn our 3 1/2 acres into a little farm, eventually including goats, sheep, an orchard etc. Right now, in addition to the chickens, we have 2 macaws, 2 dogs (mutts), and a bengal cat.

welcome-byc.gif
and hello from Indiana

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Love your breeds
love.gif
We turned our 6 acres into a little hobby farm & it's been so much fun. Good luck on your farm adventure
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom