Hello from Texas

chicken little 2017

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2018
Morning! I live in Katy, Texas and I am new to the chicken world. So far I am obsessed! I absolutely adore my baby chicks. I think my kids are actually getting a bit jealous! HA I have 5, 5 week old chicks. Their names are Lola, Hey Hey, Dixie, Dolly, and Felicity. They are terrified of us. I can't put my hand in the brooder without having them go crazy. It's a little sad.

The exciting news is we are moving to a farm! YES! My chickens are going to be so happy. There is an awesome coop on the property and I am hoping to purchase a few Silkies for fun. I think my kids would really love those fluffy butts. My horse, Otis, will be eventually living on the property. I can't wait to have him so close. I think we will purchase a few Dwarf Goats and maybe some peacocks for patrol. I'm excited for the future and this website!

I am very thankful to have found it while searching for answers. There is a plethora of knowledge on this site. It's fabulous! SO, I look forward to hearing from you and experiencing life with chickens. So far it's awesome!

Morning! I live in Katy, Texas and I am new to the chicken world. So far I am obsessed! I absolutely adore my baby chicks. I think my kids are actually getting a bit jealous! HA I have 5, 5 week old chicks. Their names are Lola, Hey Hey, Dixie, Dolly, and Felicity. They are terrified of us. I can't put my hand in the brooder without having them go crazy. It's a little sad.

The exciting news is we are moving to a farm! YES! My chickens are going to be so happy. There is an awesome coop on the property and I am hoping to purchase a few Silkies for fun. I think my kids would really love those fluffy butts. My horse, Otis, will be eventually living on the property. I can't wait to have him so close. I think we will purchase a few Dwarf Goats and maybe some peacocks for patrol. I'm excited for the future and this website!

I am very thankful to have found it while searching for answers. There is a plethora of knowledge on this site. It's fabulous! SO, I look forward to hearing from you and experiencing life with chickens. So far it's awesome!
:jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :welcome :jumpy :jumpy

Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on moving to your farm.

Here’s a good link where you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Welcome!! I am not too far from you(Sugarland area)
I noticed my chicks go through a phases like children.
Also if you are the same level they tend to not be as frightened. (Big scary hand reaching down to snatch them and eat them)
FYI, they will become your best friend with mealworms, or some kind of treat!! I noticed my like the live vs the freeze dried!!
If you don't have mealworms, grab some of the junebugs that seem to be in abundance this year and try that.
Again welcome to BYC

Hello, Katy, from Irving! What fabulous plans you have! Welcome to BYC - great site of folks!

Back
Top Bottom