Hello from Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chicken little 2017, Apr 7, 2018.

1. chicken little 2017

chicken little 2017 In the Brooder

Apr 7, 2018
    Morning! I live in Katy, Texas and I am new to the chicken world. So far I am obsessed! I absolutely adore my baby chicks. I think my kids are actually getting a bit jealous! HA I have 5, 5 week old chicks. Their names are Lola, Hey Hey, Dixie, Dolly, and Felicity. They are terrified of us. I can't put my hand in the brooder without having them go crazy. It's a little sad.

The exciting news is we are moving to a farm! YES! My chickens are going to be so happy. There is an awesome coop on the property and I am hoping to purchase a few Silkies for fun. I think my kids would really love those fluffy butts. My horse, Otis, will be eventually living on the property. I can't wait to have him so close. I think we will purchase a few Dwarf Goats and maybe some peacocks for patrol. I'm excited for the future and this website!

I am very thankful to have found it while searching for answers. There is a plethora of knowledge on this site. It's fabulous! SO, I look forward to hearing from you and experiencing life with chickens. So far it's awesome!

Teila, Joeschooks, rjohns39 and 5 others like this.
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    :welcome:yesss:

Teila, Joeschooks, rjohns39 and 6 others like this.
  3. 4 ever Orpington

4 ever Orpington Mr.& Mrs Orpington

Nov 5, 2017
    Suches,Georgia
    :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :welcome :jumpy :jumpy

Teila, Joeschooks, rjohns39 and 5 others like this.
  4. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy neighbor :welcome:frow Happy :yato have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

Teila, Joeschooks, rjohns39 and 3 others like this.
  5. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on moving to your farm.

Here’s a good link where you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Teila, Joeschooks, rjohns39 and 4 others like this.
  6. Nksg75

Nksg75 Songster

Aug 18, 2014
    Needville Texas
    Welcome!! I am not too far from you(Sugarland area)
    I noticed my chicks go through a phases like children.
    Also if you are the same level they tend to not be as frightened. (Big scary hand reaching down to snatch them and eat them)
    FYI, they will become your best friend with mealworms, or some kind of treat!! I noticed my like the live vs the freeze dried!!
    If you don't have mealworms, grab some of the junebugs that seem to be in abundance this year and try that.
    Again welcome to BYC

Teila, Joeschooks, rjohns39 and 3 others like this.
  7. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
  8. Clarity1210

Clarity1210 Chirping

Jun 22, 2017
    North Texas
    Hello, Katy, from Irving! What fabulous plans you have! Welcome to BYC - great site of folks!

Teila, Joeschooks, rjohns39 and 2 others like this.
  9. Ahavati

Ahavati Songster

Sep 12, 2016
    Woodville, TX
    Hi! We moved from Cypress area 2 years ago out to our own little farm. We've got all kinds of animals now lol. I have friends in Katy still too! What area are you moving to?

Teila, Joeschooks and rjohns39 like this.
  10. Angeline1978

Angeline1978 Songster

May 22, 2016
    Indiana
    Glad you're here! Welcome to the world of HEY HEYS! My kiddo loves that movie. Never thought of it before but yeah eveyone on here has had a HEY HEY at one point or another. :lau

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: