Hello from Texas

Mar 17, 2019
Hi I have quite a busy little house. We homeschool our 4 boys, and have a small flock of birds we got last spring (2018). We originally got 7 birds, but 2 were bantam roos that went to a friend's petting zoo. We enjoyed the 5, we until November when we got a new dog. She started out totally ok with the birds, but about a month in killed one. She got a second one about a week later. I've now moved the coop into my garden so now the birds have their own space. They have been safe for about 6-8 weeks. I recently got some pullets from a nearby farm (to avoid getting more roosters), and we're having health challenges with the all the birds now. . We've got a mix of many types of birds, including a Dominique, an Easter egger, and a bantam Cochin (the old guard), and an Olive egger, a Black French Copper Marans, and a Crested Creme Leg-bar (the pullets).
We've made our own coops, which is second only to having a beautiful valley of eggs. I have designed and built 3 so far- one for the first girls, one for the roos we gave away, and one for the pullets.
My new project is figuring out how to fix all of the health problems that seemed to occur simultaneously.

:yesss: :welcome :yesss:
Miss Piggy Sue says, “Welcome to our eggcelent flock here at BYC!”

7DF93876-F760-4A18-B695-CAEA8ACF33F8.jpeg

Hi I have quite a busy little house. We homeschool our 4 boys, and have a small flock of birds we got last spring (2018). We originally got 7 birds, but 2 were bantam roos that went to a friend's petting zoo. We enjoyed the 5, we until November when we got a new dog. She started out totally ok with the birds, but about a month in killed one. She got a second one about a week later. I've now moved the coop into my garden so now the birds have their own space. They have been safe for about 6-8 weeks. I recently got some pullets from a nearby farm (to avoid getting more roosters), and we're having health challenges with the all the birds now. . We've got a mix of many types of birds, including a Dominique, an Easter egger, and a bantam Cochin (the old guard), and an Olive egger, a Black French Copper Marans, and a Crested Creme Leg-bar (the pullets).
We've made our own coops, which is second only to having a beautiful valley of eggs. I have designed and built 3 so far- one for the first girls, one for the roos we gave away, and one for the pullets.
My new project is figuring out how to fix all of the health problems that seemed to occur simultaneously.

Kinda need more detail of what is happening Welcome to Backyard Chickens or you can start a thread under emergencies sure hope we can figure out may want some corid on hand

Welcome! :)

Back
Top Bottom