Hello from Texas

ChickyGM

Hatching
10 Years
May 13, 2009
Hi All.

I have been avidly reading this Forum since I succumbed to the chicken craze by stopping at TSC when my co-worker told me she had just bought some baby chicks to raise as egg layers and asked me why didn't I just pick up a few too. Well needless to say, I went to TSC but they had sold out, but undeterred, I then went to my local feed store where a very helpful young man assisted me by picking out three BR pullets and three golden comets with all the supplies I would need for a brooder. I must have an addiction gene hidden in me because I brought those home and immediately fell in love with them. I somehow convinced my not so pleased hubby to build be the cutest coop and run. I soon found out that one of my BR pullets somehow transformed itself into a roo which ,for some unexplained reason, made me happy and I began to dream about baby BR's.

I waited until my pullets and roo were 6 weeks old then put them into the coop and had to run to TSC to pick up some more feed, new feeders, etc. While there, I just happened to glance into a bin labeled "straight run bantams". I am sure you can guess the rest. I came home with 5 darling babies in assorted colors. Of, course I immediately called my friend that started this craze, and she had to rush over and buy 6 banty's herself. Not to be outdone, I waited one whole week, then went back to TSC on the pretext of needing more supplies. Of course they had a new batch of baby silky's. I am not sure I exactly remember what happened next as I must have gone into full blown chicken blackout, but the short version is that I came home with four silky's, one white, black, yellow and light grey.

I now have a second coop that the first batch of banty's are in with:weee:weee plans for a stagecoach tractor coop to move the big chickens in so the silky's can have their coop. I have accumulated a total of 15 chickens in a little over 6 weeks and am beginning to dream about incubators. Please tell me there is a cure for chicken addiction or I may wind up divorced!

Thank you in Advance,

Newbie Chicken Obsessed

No cure, just roll with it!
welcome-byc.gif

there is no cure.istarted1year ago with 3 chickens and now i have over 30 hens 3 roos 6 ducks 4 geese and 6 goats and 60 baby chicks and ducks

Oh my, with no cure I can't imagine what my yard will be like in one year:) Hubby is just going to have to learn to love chickens...

Back
Top Bottom