Hello from Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cricketofthesea, Sep 2, 2011.

1. cricketofthesea

cricketofthesea Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2011
    My name is Renee and I live in South Texas, that place where it gets really hot! I currently have three Deleware hens and just purchased some chicks from Ideal Hatchery, so I just had to log in and post some pictures [​IMG] We also have 5 Nigerian Dwarf goats, 1 cat, and a lot of indoor spoiled doggies! I've always come to Backyard chickens for information and questions, like for a little chick in our new batch with crooked toes. It really is a great forum [​IMG]

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy, cricketofthesea and [​IMG]. Love the username! [​IMG] Enjoy BYC and your Delawares! You should find answers to all of your questions here. And I hear cooler air and maybe rain is on the way for you!! [​IMG]

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  4. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Hi

I have seen a great post about taping crooked toes for your little ones. I'll try to find ti and send it to you.
    Also with the super hot temps in Texas, you'll want a really good watering system, maybe even a backup waterer.

Welcome to BYC!

5. cricketofthesea

cricketofthesea Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2011
    The weathers been great these last few days, we actually stayed below 100*, yesterday it only got to 94*! [​IMG]

Hmm, that sounds really sad when I look at it, I think I need to move lol. We started bringing our three hens inside in the afternoon this last week, it was just too hot out there (105*+). I found the site about Chick Orthepedics, linked from Feathersite, as well as a few forum posts that helped too. We'll be checking her toes this evening to see if they're any better *crosses fingers*

6. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Sounds like you have the same malady we suffer...animalitis. [​IMG] Welcome to the fun!

7. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Hi, from Big Bear Calif, always good to meet another feather brainier. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by