Hello from Texas!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fentressfarmer, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Fentressfarmer

Fentressfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2013
    Fentress Texas
    Hello everyone, I am a new member as of today and just wanted to say hi! I have a small mixed flock of 7 girls but we are expecting 30 chicks on February 21st from ideal hatchery. It's our first time getting chicks so any info would be greatly appreciated on what to do!!!! We have 1 red sex link and 2 production reds and a couple of white leghorns, we have ordered more red sexlinks and I can't wait for the barred rocks. I also ordered some ameraucanas but for the first time I am getting some jersey black giants! Can anyone tell what I should expect from the giants I am unfamiliar with the breed and would love to hear about their personalities!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  2. chickenpooplady

chickenpooplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Ohio
    My Coop
    1 person likes this.
  3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!!
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us!!

5. Fentressfarmer

Fentressfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2013
    Fentress Texas
    Thanks for the warm welcome!!!!!!! I will try and post some pics when I get home tonight and show all my girls, I got into chickens about two years ago when my neighbors had to move and couldn't take theirs with them so we adopted them and have been in love ever since. My 19 month old daughter loves to feed her bock bocks and squeals with joy every time they come running to her! We have had so much fun with them that it's made me want to increase our flock dramatically. I look forward to visiting with everybody!!

6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California!

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - so very glad that you are enjoying your flock.

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, Fentressfarmer, and [​IMG]! Pleased to have you here!! BYC is a great place to learn - peruse the forums and ask questions. Best of luck to you!

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! You got lots of information on the breeds you have and like! You came to the right place, enjoy!

10. trameghan

trameghan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2012
    Alabama
    [​IMG] from Alabama

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by