Hello from the Caribbean!!!

markyg

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 5, 2013
I have recently moved to live with my father in The British Virgin Islands where i work in a bar and have wanted to keep chickens for years since i used to keep them when i was younger so i went ahead and built a coop out of scrap materials i found lying around the island everything on the koop is recycled and the only materials i bought was hinges and a padalock!! I will post pics but i have found this website extremely helpful so far with its vast knowledge and information!!! I look forward to being part of the community haha!!!

The frame of my baby (please remember i built this on my own and have 0% experience of joinery or building anything haha)

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png

the finished baby haha it is very typical of the caribbean! shantily but still holds tight and wont let any of the mongoose we have on the island in!! i have i male rooster and i female for the time being but im planning on catching some more over on the other island as the island i am on does not have wild foul!

Little inside shot! theres a decent sized shelf in the top right corner of the coop for them to sleep and they are settling in well ive had them in there for 3 days now, ideally i would like to let them out to roam around the yard during the day but im thinking if i keep them in there for a week and feed them everyday they will know that is where the food source is and come back at night to sleep etc what do u guys think ?!

Back
Top Bottom