Hello from the deep south!!

djwest8635

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Hello all,
First of all, let me say that it has been a pleasure to find this page. I was doing a google search for Coop and Brooder designs and this is the page I got. So many questions we had were answered in just 5-10 minutes of searching on here.

My wife Nina and I(Daniel) have been married 2-1/2 years, we have a 3 year-old chocolate lab, 5 kitties, and now 25, no wait we got an extra, 26 baby chickens. We both grew up on farms in rural Georgia and both did a lot with cows, pigs, crops, etc., but we have never had chickens; so, this is our first adventure into chicken-land. So far we are 1 week in and loving it.

As I said we ordered 25 baby chicks about a month ago from TSC and received a phone call from the post office last Monday saying they were in. We ordered 10 Buff Orpingtons, 10 Barred Rocks, and 5 Americauna chicks. After getting them home and introducing them to their new home, we discovered that we had one extra Amercauna than we ordered, so now we have 26 chicks.

Growing up on farms in rural Georgia has given us a passion for maintaining the way of life of our ancestors. We are striving to have our own organic farm where we plan to raise crops, vegetables, chickens, dairy goats, and possibly some other things. The chickens are just the beginning. We do a lot of hunting and fishing out our way, and spend time restoring antique tractors, engines, and implements.

As I said, it has been a pleasure to find this page. Feel free to take a look at our new page and make any comments or suggestions as we keep updated pics of our new chicks coming.

Hello
frow.gif
from Hesperia, Ca and
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom