Hello from the Florida Panhandle :-)

Velvet

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 10, 2014
I've been on here creeping around since summertime and decided to join and say hi to my fellow chicken/turkey/duck/feathered friend enthusiasts. It is so, so nice to know that there are other people out there that are having as much fun with their Ladies(and one little Gentleman Roo) as I am. Who knew chickens were so addictive! Lol. It's so nice to read all of your stories and see all your beautiful birds and to be able to jump on here and see what the pros say when I'm having a problem. Thank you to all of you for the time you spent posting all the wonderful advice and stories.

I started in September with chickens. I got them from a local chicken guy. There were 21(lost 4 to a hawk-all in one day), rehomed 6 very sweet and very, very loud roos, lost another to the hawk, one died from an unknown malady, and one is MIA(probably the hawk again). Apparently, my dog needs to step up his game again and watch the Ladies. I don't have a roof on my run which explains the looses. That is coming at the end of this month before I get my new batch of babies in Feb. I also got excited and ordered the Barnyard Combo from Murray Mcmurray, due to arrive St. Patty's day. 9 ducks and 6 turkeys. This will be my first time with both.

I just wanted to say hello and send out hugs to everybody that posted on the chicken/duck/turkey forums. Most of my direction has come from reading your past experiences. Thank you for all the info. Best of luck and best wishes to you, your families, and flocks for a prosperous, happy, and healthy 2014.

Cheers :)

Velvet

Hi there,
frow.gif
and welcome to BYC!

Good luck with your new flock members, ducks and turkeys. :) It is always exciting to expand on your flock.

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

Thank you, liz9910
big_smile.png
It's good to finally be able to say hi to folks that are as nutty as I am. It took me a while to get up the nerve to join. I was afraid I'd do nothing else but talk chicken. Lol.

Thank you for the kind welcome. My husband thinks I've gone off the deep end with my new chicken obsession. I just have so much fun with them. I have one coop and run and have two more in the works. My husband is a good sport. He's going to build them for me, even though he thinks I'm crossing a crazy line. I think once I get my next two shipments from Murray Mcmurray I will have 62 birds in all.

What kinds of chickens do you have? Do you have other kinds of birds? I only have one little single comb brown leghorn roo and 10 hens-Two phoenix, one white crested polish, two white cochin bantams, a white leghorn, two undetermined ladies that are kind of shaped like pidgeons, but brown, and two silver laced wuyandottes. I think that's everybody... Thank you again for the kind welcome. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
wee.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

Thank you, Two Crows. It's nice to on board. Best wishes to you and your flock. :)

Back
Top Bottom