Hello from the Funny Farm

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FunnyFarmer, Dec 17, 2008.

1. FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Efland, NC
    I live in central NC--the big burg of Efland (occasionally referred to as Elfland by some of it's more eccentric inhabitants....)

I've been lurking on here a while but finally decided to come out of the cyber-closet. I have 8 RIR hens, 3 EEs, 1 Buff Orp, 1 Partridge Rock, 1 black banty hen of unknown breed, 1 mutt white pullet, and a Black Rock rooster. I also have two cats who wandered out of the woods one day as 6 wk old kittens, a mini-dachsund rescued from apartment life with a young lawyer, one basset hound rescued from the side of the road, a quarter horse mare, and two donkeys (one mammoth, one mini). Oh--and two kids I homeschool. No wonder we call this place the Funny Farm........

I'm planning on getting some more RIR chicks this spring--they're my power layers and I can sell as many eggs as my girls can lay, just by word of mouth among family & friends. They mostly pay for their laying mash! I generally let them free range in the yard in the afternoons, and between the donkeys, dogs and cats don't have much of a predator problem. The only problem dog went to live with my MIL after she disposed of the third batch of chickens. (She was lucky she didn't go on a long walk back in the woods with a shotgun!)

Erika

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Welcome!..as you can see if you scroll down and read my sig. line..i also live on a funny farm...so, nice ta meet ya!...[​IMG]..., Wendy

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Welcome to BYC! Glad to have turned you from lurker to poster.

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

welcome, and thanks for coming out into the open! [​IMG]

5. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

6. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    [​IMG]

7. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi and welcome!

I am sure that you will soon be entertaining us with stories from your ''funny farm'!

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Sounds like you have a beautiful flock.

Stick around... you'll like it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by