Hello from the great northwoods of northern MI

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dascountry, Feb 9, 2012.

1. dascountry

dascountry Chillin' With My Peeps

Snow is still on the ground and my chicks will be arriving somethime next week [​IMG] I've raised chicks before but its been quite awhile. Time to get back to the basics of life. We are also raising two calves and two piglets. I've missed having my farm fresh eggs! I still need to move all my garden supplies out of the coop and find a place in the barn for all that stuff. But the chicks will be inside the house for a bit anyways. I am just so excited about the new arrivals coming I can't stand it. Who would of ever thought that chicks could be so exciting! I'm sure most of you all feel the same way. So glad to of found this site!

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congrats! [​IMG] [​IMG] and [​IMG] from S.. Florida! So glad you joined us! Enjoy those new babies!

3. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Howdy from Austin, Texas.

4. chigger bait

chigger bait Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Jonesborough, Tennessee
    Welcome on board and enjoy the forum.

Really great folks on here.

5. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello from Southwest Ohio

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
  7. dascountry

Thanks for the welcome everyone[​IMG] I've already learned alot from BYC already

8. coldupnorth

coldupnorth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    N. MN
    Welcome from Northern Minnesota! Good luck and have fun with the chicks [​IMG]

9. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    You've got snow? I live in the thumb, we're supposed to get snow tomorrow and its supposed to stay cold for at least a couple of days. This has been the weirdest winter. We got our end of January thaw a couple of weeks early and it never really went away. You didn't tell us what kind of chicks you ordered. My eggs should hatch starting tomorrow night, columbian wyandottes, so I'm excited too. And a little nervous. Be sure to let us know when they arrive & how they're doing.

10. dascountry

Still have about four good inches on the ground yet. I ordered a brown layer mix from McMurries so not sure yet whats in store for me. I'll post some pictures once they arrive. Then I'll be able to have a better profile pic also. I've noticed alot of people do their own hatch...I think that would be so exciting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by