Hello from the great northwoods of northern MI

dascountry

Songster
10 Years
Snow is still on the ground and my chicks will be arriving somethime next week
celebrate.gif
I've raised chicks before but its been quite awhile. Time to get back to the basics of life. We are also raising two calves and two piglets. I've missed having my farm fresh eggs! I still need to move all my garden supplies out of the coop and find a place in the barn for all that stuff. But the chicks will be inside the house for a bit anyways. I am just so excited about the new arrivals coming I can't stand it. Who would of ever thought that chicks could be so exciting! I'm sure most of you all feel the same way. So glad to of found this site!

You've got snow? I live in the thumb, we're supposed to get snow tomorrow and its supposed to stay cold for at least a couple of days. This has been the weirdest winter. We got our end of January thaw a couple of weeks early and it never really went away. You didn't tell us what kind of chicks you ordered. My eggs should hatch starting tomorrow night, columbian wyandottes, so I'm excited too. And a little nervous. Be sure to let us know when they arrive & how they're doing.

You've got snow? I live in the thumb, we're supposed to get snow tomorrow and its supposed to stay cold for at least a couple of days. This has been the weirdest winter. We got our end of January thaw a couple of weeks early and it never really went away. You didn't tell us what kind of chicks you ordered. My eggs should hatch starting tomorrow night, columbian wyandottes, so I'm excited too. And a little nervous. Be sure to let us know when they arrive & how they're doing.

Still have about four good inches on the ground yet. I ordered a brown layer mix from McMurries so not sure yet whats in store for me. I'll post some pictures once they arrive. Then I'll be able to have a better profile pic also. I've noticed alot of people do their own hatch...I think that would be so exciting.

Back
Top Bottom