Hello from the Netherlands

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lynn Cook, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Lynn Cook

Lynn Cook Just Hatched

Sep 2, 2014
    Wehl, Netherlands
    Hello, My name is Lynn. I'm English, but moved to the Netherlands 6 months ago. On Monday we get the keys to our new property, a small holding, which comes complete with 8 hens and a cockrel. I am really looking forward to moving in, and discovering the joys of chicken keeping. The present owner doesn't seem to give them much attention, so I am already planning on changing that! I have much reading to do on this site, plenty to learn. I just can't wait until Monday now!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hello, Lynn, welcome to BYC, and congratulations on your new home and flock.

1 person likes this.
  3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Congrats on your new property and flock!! What an egg-citing time in your life! Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of good articles on getting started, taking care of your flock, keeping them happy, healthy and safe from predators...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Enjoy this new adventure you are on! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome. Glad you joined the flock and the very best of wishes for your small holding and your new flock of chicken. Be sure to ask lots of questions every one here very friendly and informative don't know where I'd be without BYC. :frow

1 person likes this.
  5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

You'll definitely enjoy keeping chickens!

1 person likes this.
  6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the flock. I would check the birds out very well. When you find an owner hasn't given them much attention, you usually find, worms, mites, and other headaches.
    I hope you don't but, it is highly likely. So it's good to be prepared in advance. Maybe they were not even getting proper feed - sometimes its the cheapest they can cobble together or just very inappropriate scraps.

I'm sure under your care they will flourish.

1 person likes this.
  8. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Hello and….

[​IMG] from Washington! BYC is the best fowl website you can find.[​IMG] I hope you feel glad you signed up! In our flock we have great people and it is always great to have a new member:) In our flock, we have no pecking order!

[​IMG]

By the way, not saying that you will do anything bad, but no fowl play[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Wow, what a nice addition to a new home? Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you know what kind of chickens they are?

1 person likes this.
  10. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on your new home, good luck with the flock!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by