Hello from the sunshine state!

DuckStar

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 17, 2012
Central Florida
I don't actually have any chickens. I do have 10 ducks, 8 Rouen, and 2 Harlequin Welsh. I also have 12 Jumbo Coturnix quail. We were going to go with chickens, but we were worried about the noise, then after getting the ducks we found out my neighbor had some, so now we will have an egg exchange extravaganza going. I am new to the world of birds I have had both flocks less than two months. I find the quail very easy, but the ducks, that's a different story all together. I found myself lurking in BYC constantly for advice on the little ducklings, cage set ups, mess control, etc..

I live in the suburbs of Orlando, FL, yes I do go to Disney all the time. Other than the birds, I share my dwelling with my hubby, my 11 year old son, a standard poodle, an African spur tortoise, a blue tongue skink, and Argentine Tegu, and two crested geckos. We are all huge geeks (yes even the animals) we enjoy Star Wars, Dragons, and reading. We also enjoy some normal stuff too, like mountain biking, theme parking, scuba diving, and fine dining. We decided to get some back yard birds to become more self reliant.

WelcometoBYC.gif
, Make sure to join us down in the duck section
frow.gif

I don't actually have any chickens. I do have 10 ducks, 8 Rouen, and 2 Harlequin Welsh. I also have 12 Jumbo Coturnix quail. We were going to go with chickens, but we were worried about the noise, then after getting the ducks we found out my neighbor had some, so now we will have an egg exchange extravaganza going. I am new to the world of birds I have had both flocks less than two months. I find the quail very easy, but the ducks, that's a different story all together. I found myself lurking in BYC constantly for advice on the little ducklings, cage set ups, mess control, etc..

I live in the suburbs of Orlando, FL, yes I do go to Disney all the time. Other than the birds, I share my dwelling with my hubby, my 11 year old son, a standard poodle, an African spur tortoise, a blue tongue skink, and Argentine Tegu, and two crested geckos. We are all huge geeks (yes even the animals) we enjoy Star Wars, Dragons, and reading. We also enjoy some normal stuff too, like mountain biking, theme parking, scuba diving, and fine dining. We decided to get some back yard birds to become more self reliant.

Sooooo cute!

Back
Top Bottom