Hello from the UK

cant_beet_thebantams

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 1, 2010
Hi

My names Jed Dwight and I'm from the UK

I'm 19 years old and an avid poultry fancier, exhibitor and and Poultry Club of Great Britain qualified True Bantam and Egg judge.
I now breed Barbu D'Anvers in White,Black,Cuckoo,Lavender Cuckoo,Mottled and Quail, and Silver Sussex Bantams.
I have also managed to get my mum and dad into the hobby as well. My Dad breeds Large Buff & Blue Orpingtons and Bantam Buff Orpingtons, whilst my mum took on my Call Ducks in White,Apricot,Mallard and Blue Fawn, as well as extra breeds including Abacot Rangers, various Magpie Muscovy's, Hookbills, Fawn and White Indian Runners, Black, White and Gold Duckwing Rosecombs and finally Birchen Japs.

Its interesting for me to see how different birds are in the US to those in the UK, particularly some of the colours, and one day soon I hope to travel over to the Ohio Show to see the birds for myself and meet with fanciers accross the atlantic.

Many Thanks
Jed

Heres a few pics

Belgians
Mottled Hen
59219_lady_grey_009.jpg

Cuckoo Cock
59219_var_121.jpg

Quail Hen
59219_new_background_057.jpg

Quail Hen
59219_new_background_037.jpg

Cuckoo Cock
59219_var_015.jpg

Black Cock (featured on the front cover of fancy fowl magazine)
59219_black_belgian_032_-_copy_2.jpg

Large Buff and Black Orpingtons
59219_untitled.jpg

59219_neil_horner_pic_005.jpg

Silver Sussex Bantam Male
59219_snow_day_4_015_-_copy.jpg

Birchen Japanese Bantams
59219_japanese_bantams_075.jpg

59219_japanese_bantams_099.jpg

59219_japanese_bantams_090.jpg

Call Ducks
59219_new_background_021.jpg

59219_new_background_008.jpg

59219_new_background_003.jpg

59219_new_background_001.jpg

Runners
59219_indian_runner_012.jpg

59219_dscf9020.jpg

Abacot Ranger
59219_untitled_3.jpg

Muscovy's
59219_untitled_2.jpg

59219_matilda_walter_babies_019.jpg

Hookbill
59219_new_background_031.jpg

wink.png

Last edited:
Welcome from the US!!!!!! You should post some pics. They sound beautiful. I have only been doing this for a year. Not show quality, just laying hens.
J

Thanks for the warm welcome! Hopefully the birds we have bred this year will do as well as last years.
wink.png
I really like a lot of the birds over in the US, particularly the Calls which are very close to our own standard. I had a good time talking to some US judges a couple of years ago including Jane Eddington. Lovely people. As I said, I cant wait to come over to the Ohio Show and see it all for myself:D

I am newbie here and only have 3 chickens, but love you dedication to raising your chickens! They are too pretty for words.

Welcome Jed from Virginia really cool ducks we have quiet the wild population here where I live a lot of wild mallards a good number of hooded mergansers and a black duck or two I really like scovys I grew up around them they are so cool wagging their tail following you around the yard LOL there is a lot of good information here and some really nice folks take care pal/mate

Back
Top Bottom