Hello from the UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cant_beet_thebantams, Jun 1, 2010.

1. cant_beet_thebantams

cant_beet_thebantams Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2010
    Hi

My names Jed Dwight and I'm from the UK

I'm 19 years old and an avid poultry fancier, exhibitor and and Poultry Club of Great Britain qualified True Bantam and Egg judge.
    I now breed Barbu D'Anvers in White,Black,Cuckoo,Lavender Cuckoo,Mottled and Quail, and Silver Sussex Bantams.
    I have also managed to get my mum and dad into the hobby as well. My Dad breeds Large Buff & Blue Orpingtons and Bantam Buff Orpingtons, whilst my mum took on my Call Ducks in White,Apricot,Mallard and Blue Fawn, as well as extra breeds including Abacot Rangers, various Magpie Muscovy's, Hookbills, Fawn and White Indian Runners, Black, White and Gold Duckwing Rosecombs and finally Birchen Japs.

Its interesting for me to see how different birds are in the US to those in the UK, particularly some of the colours, and one day soon I hope to travel over to the Ohio Show to see the birds for myself and meet with fanciers accross the atlantic.

Many Thanks
    Jed

Heres a few pics

Belgians
    Mottled Hen
    [​IMG]
    Cuckoo Cock
    [​IMG]
    Quail Hen
    [​IMG]
    Quail Hen
    [​IMG]
    Cuckoo Cock
    [​IMG]
    Black Cock (featured on the front cover of fancy fowl magazine)
    [​IMG]

Large Buff and Black Orpingtons
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Silver Sussex Bantam Male
    [​IMG]

Birchen Japanese Bantams
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Call Ducks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Runners
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Abacot Ranger
    [​IMG]

Muscovy's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hookbill
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  2. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG] from Ohio! [​IMG] Glad you joined! [​IMG]

3. chickenmom1

chickenmom1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    Welcome from the US!!!!!! You should post some pics. They sound beautiful. I have only been doing this for a year. Not show quality, just laying hens.
    J

4. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

5. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Hello and welcome! [​IMG]

All of your birds are just lovely! [​IMG]

7. karl E lutz

karl E lutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    Too pretty my chickens are only for eggs. Not the beauty your flock exhibits.

8. cant_beet_thebantams

cant_beet_thebantams Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2010
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Hopefully the birds we have bred this year will do as well as last years.[​IMG] I really like a lot of the birds over in the US, particularly the Calls which are very close to our own standard. I had a good time talking to some US judges a couple of years ago including Jane Eddington. Lovely people. As I said, I cant wait to come over to the Ohio Show and see it all for myself:D

9. hyroost

hyroost New Egg

Jun 1, 2010
    I am newbie here and only have 3 chickens, but love you dedication to raising your chickens! They are too pretty for words.

10. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Welcome Jed from Virginia really cool ducks we have quiet the wild population here where I live a lot of wild mallards a good number of hooded mergansers and a black duck or two I really like scovys I grew up around them they are so cool wagging their tail following you around the yard LOL there is a lot of good information here and some really nice folks take care pal/mate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by