Hello from Vermont!

vthadley

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 14, 2013
Hi everyone,

A good friend of mine who also raises chickens pointed me toward this site as a great resource.

I had New Hampshire hens for years and absolutely loved them. Our last girl from that flock passed away earlier this year, and it took some time but I got my husband convinced to start a new flock.

This time, I'm going for a mixed flock with emphasis on friendly, beautiful breeds that lay interesting eggs.

Currently I have an Americauna cockerel, an americauna pullet, two barred rock pullets, a blue americauna pullet, a black copper marans pullet and two chocolate orpington pullets.

I'd love to add a couple of cochins and possibly a welsummer to the flock as well.

We are in the process of building a new coop and I hope to be able to cross my Americauna boy with the girls next spring to get new and interesting egg colors. So much to learn!

I look forward to getting to know you all and to benefit from your wisdom!

Welcome! I just joined BYC myself finally, but have been using the valuable resources they offer for several months now since starting our flock in May! I hope you'll enjoy the site as much as I will!

Welcome! I just joined BYC myself finally, but have been using the valuable resources they offer for several months now since starting our flock in May! I hope you'll enjoy the site as much as I will!

Welcome to BYC! Glad to have you here!
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom