Hello from Virginia!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by spike844, Oct 11, 2010.

1. spike844

spike844 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2010
    Virginia beach, VA
    Hello everyone! I am somewhat new to raising backyard chickens [​IMG]. We have a small flock of four chickens. Two silkies, one cochin, and one sultan. Tomorrow we will be getting an americana hen (so eggcited). At the moment, our four innocent hens are illegals , but are desperately trying to become citizens (going before city hall tomorrow evening and pleading my case!). If anyone has advice on how to get chickens legal or anything else, it would greatly be appreciate. Don't get it when the dog nest door can bark at 3 in the morning or hours, but we just can't keep a few hens for eggs. But anyways, can't wait to get to know everyone. So glad I got the chicken fever [​IMG], but its a shame we can't have more chickens and a rooster and ducks and geese and the list goes on. Thanks ( in advance)

-Noah [​IMG]

2. Kat's Silly Chickens

Kat's Silly Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    South Central Texas
    A big [​IMG] to you. I feel the same way, why can dogs bark all hours of the night, but a rooster is a No No in a small country community. Good Luck tomorrow, Plead a strong case and they may be lenient...
    Let Us know how it goes... [​IMG]

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC. There's a "local chicken laws and ordinances (and how to change them)" section above this one. You might find help there. Good luck.

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome from an imp in Washington

Good luck pleading your case

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by