Hello from WA state

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Angieluvschickens, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Angieluvschickens

Angieluvschickens Hatching

Jun 5, 2010
    I am new to raising chickens. I researched everything on the BYC site before getting my babies. I got 2 BR,2 black sexlinks and 2 golden sexlinks. Born 3/18/10. I love them, they follow my daughter and I around the yard. They even sneek into my house when the door is open. Amber-one of the goldens- will even let me hold her while we watch TV. I got 4 more chicks May 3. I think 3 Rhode Island Reds and 1 Brahma? I think one of the Reds is a rooster! I was reading the Rhode Island Reds need to be held more to tame them? I want them to be as sweet as my other babies, any advice would be appreciated.[​IMG]

2. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Songster

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG] from Ohio! [​IMG] Glad you joined! [​IMG]

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Crowing

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. Yes handle them as much as you can. Some treats like peas or tomatoes may help also. Good luck. [​IMG]

4. NYRIR

NYRIR Songster

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Hi and welcome from NY! I have 12 8 week old RIR's (4 are roosters) and ALL are friendly.We have handled them a lot though! Keep up the good work...they'll be great! [​IMG]

5. Lolita

Lolita Songster

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by