Hello from Washington!

acet400

Chirping
Sep 28, 2021
My 10 year old is actually the one who is raising ducks, but of course I'm helping her. She has loved birds since she was 3 and was so excited to start with 5 female ducklings this spring (3 Buff, 1 Cayuga, 1 Rouen). All had been going well, but sadly we had to euthanize one of her Buffs recently. Needless to say my daughter is devastated and we're looking into adding another 1 or 2 to the flock in the near future. She also really wants to get call ducks sometime! We have found so much helpful information reading the experiences of others raising ducks on BYC—it really helps to hear how things are in real life for people. Thank you for that!

Last edited:
My 10 year old is actually the one who is raising ducks, but of course I'm helping her. She has loved birds since she was 3 and was so excited to start with 5 female ducklings this spring (3 Buff, 1 Cayuga, 1 Rouen). All had been going well, but sadly we had to euthanize one of her Buffs recently. Needless to say my daughter is devastated and we're looking into adding another 1 or 2 to the flock in the near future. She also really wants to get call ducks sometime! We have found so much helpful information reading the experiences of others raising ducks on BYC—it really helps to hear how things are in real life for people. Thank you for that!
Welcome ~ It Is Fun On BYC!

Good morning, welcome to BYC.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I do not know much about ducks, but with chickens, you always want to add two or more.
Adding a single is stressful and sets them up for bullying. With two, the newbies have a buddy, and are less likely to become a victim to the established flock.
Best of luck to you, your family, and your flock.

Back
Top Bottom