Hello From West Central Illinois!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Besides your Cornish cross, what other kind of chickens do you have?
We have 2 Light Brahmas, 1 Cherry Egger,1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Gold Laced Wyandotte, 1 Black Jersey Giant, 2 Silver Laced Polish, and 7 Easter Eggers. (*Phew*)

We have 2 Light Brahmas, 1 Cherry Egger,1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Gold Laced Wyandotte, 1 Black Jersey Giant, 2 Silver Laced Polish, and 7 Easter Eggers. (*Phew*)

You have a nice mixed flock. We used to have both Light Brahmas (they were the first breed I ever had) and some Black Jersey Giants, and both breeds were gentle giants. Our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's favorites. She loves their colored eggs. Good luck with your flock.

You have a nice mixed flock. We used to have both Light Brahmas (they were the first breed I ever had) and some Black Jersey Giants, and both breeds were gentle giants. Our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's favorites. She loves their colored eggs. Good luck with your flock.
The Light Brahmas were an accident. We went to replace some Cornish crosses that died, the guy at F&H had some Brahma chicks mixed in with the cornishX. When I went to put them in the brooder, I noticed the feathers on their feet!

The Light Brahmas were an accident. We went to replace some Cornish crosses that died, the guy at F&H had some Brahma chicks mixed in with the cornishX. When I went to put them in the brooder, I noticed the feathers on their feet!

Well, one upside to the mistake is that the Light Brahmas are a lot better layers than the Cornish cross. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom